Welcome

A brand new start!
  • Staff Applications are OPEN! [ Staff / Moderator ] More Info HERE Help us make a better forum for everyone!

Learning from past mistakes

b1697722

I think we all know what happened to the old 8Muses forums.
And since we don't want that to happen again, we should examine the situation and try to learn from mistakes that were made there.
so first my personal accounts:

As far as I can tell the downfall was a perfect storm that more or less went down like this:
1) It got too big for its own good with not enough checks in place for content that was shared directly on the platform.
This wasn't that much of a problem for the majority of it's run since the site was more or less governed by it's members to take care off idiots posting underage and otherwise severly illegal content (piracy issues being ignored ofc)
2) With the emergence of AI content the underage rule got broken of a more frequent basis. Those posting this kinda stuff got banned, but just made new accounts and kept going.
3) It seems that at this point the feeeds got involved in some capacitie, although that is just a rumor, if they did that would explain the rash actions taken by the owner.
-First a new rule was made where new members had to receive invites from existing ones.
-About 3 weeks later all media shared on the forum directly was deleted. posting links to files was okay, but posting files was not. All posted files got deleted and the option to post new files on the forum or in personal messages was also gone.
-Finally the whole forum was nuked from existing without so much as a warning from the owner to the mods or any of the members.

Now. My biggest question. how are we going to prevent that from happening again?
Are there checks in place and if so what are they?

- concerned netizen

As a former Moderator in the 8muses forum I can understand your concerns, but you don't have to worry, we the staff have everything under control here in the forum and won't lose control either. We will not allow the same mistakes and accept content that contradicts our rules.

This forum will become a place where you can find good and ambitious stories and art for adults.

Back
Top Bottom