Welcome

A brand new start!
  • Staff Applications are OPEN! [ Staff / Moderator ] More Info HERE Help us make a better forum for everyone!

[Arnica Butler] Hotwife

I don't see anything funky in this version... unless I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing.

Attachments

• Arnica Butler - Sexy Neighbor Natasha.zip
    Arnica Butler - Sexy Neighbor Natasha.zip
    301.3 KB · Views: 11
I don't see anything funky in this version... unless I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing.
No, it's the same.

The beginning of the fifth paragraph, the word "hot" should be italicized. Here's a snip from the on-line sample on Amazon.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-24 145758.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-24 145758.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 10
Attached is a PDF of the story text to Sexy Neighbor Natasha. The text that should be italics but aren't in the posted copies are in red-bold-italic in the PDF. There are 151 individual instances of missing italic text in the posted copies (each instance is one or more consecutive words in the PDF).

In addition, there are four instances where the entire paragraph is in italics in the posted copies but shouldn't be. In those cases, the text that should be italics will also be in red-bold-italic, but the improperly tagged text has been reset back to plain text but is highlighted in yellow.

There are also six entire paragraphs in italics that have not been flagged in the PDF, since these are correctly tagged in the posted copies.

A glance at other eBooks by this author seem to have the italics properly tagged. I noted this issue with Sexy Neighbor Natasha back when it was first posted elsewhere a long time ago, but it was never corrected. I am not sure why this particular eBook won't convert properly for others.

I think I've beaten this dead horse enough.

EDIT: In case anyone is interested in the properly tagged text to this eBook, I have the story text in a Word document that was used to generate the attached PDF. I didn't attach the Word document because some forums frown on them due to the possibility of document macros.

Attachments

• Sexy Neighbor Natasha (2022)-italics.pdf
    Sexy Neighbor Natasha (2022)-italics.pdf
    390.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Attached is a PDF of the story text to Sexy Neighbor Natasha. The text that should be italics but aren't in the posted copies are in red-bold-italic in the PDF. There are 151 individual instances of missing italic text in the posted copies (each instance is one or more consecutive words in the PDF).

In addition, there are four instances where the entire paragraph is in italics in the posted copies but shouldn't be. In those cases, the text that should be italics will also be in red-bold-italic, but the improperly tagged text has been reset back to plain text but is highlighted in yellow.

There are also six entire paragraphs in italics that have not been flagged in the PDF, since these are correctly tagged in the posted copies.

A glance at other eBooks by this author seem to have the italics properly tagged. I noted this issue with Sexy Neighbor Natasha back when it was first posted elsewhere a long time ago, but it was never corrected. I am not sure why this particular eBook won't convert properly for others.

I'm willing to bet that any book with multiple copies of the cover art in it will show this issue.

EDIT: In case anyone is interested in the properly tagged text to this eBook, I have the story text in a Word document that was used to generate the attached PDF. I didn't attach the Word document because some forums frown on them due to the possibility of document macros.
I think I might know, in part, what's going on here. At least with a whole paragraph being italicized.

I often combine books from a given series into a single volume to simplify reading them on my iPad.

To do this I convert them to Word in Calibre, make the combined book, and then convert it to an epub using Calibre.

One of the issues that crops up doing this, is that the various separate volumes won't necessarily have a common set of Word styles.

I believe that the way Calibre generates a set of styles, is that the first example of a different format is given a style, and the next another style, and so on.

So depending on the order of any given format appearing in the book, they may not be identified as the same style.

There are two basic types of styles in Word: paragraph and character.

The former are normally applied to a whole paragraph and the latter to individual characters in the text.

Calibre generates the former with the name para with a numerical sequence (e.g. 01, 02, 03, etc)

The latter are "x text" where the x is a numerical designator, it could be two digit (00, 01, 02, etc) or single digit.

So to avoid having to have subsequent volumes have their format all screwed up, I generated a set of styles that are both paragraph and character based for italicized, bold, and both.

So I copy these styles into the Word document, and for all the volumes after the first, I do a search for italicized to figure out the style used in that document and do a global search and replace with the styles I created.

That way, when I copy and paste into the combined Word document everything comes out OK.

Well, I noticed something today working on volume 2 of Greener Grass.

There were instances of an italicized paragraph style being used in a paragraph that had normal text in it as well.

It seems that if the first or last word in the paragraph is italicized, it assigns a paragraph style. However, it does know to make the appropriate text normal.

So, what I suspect might be happening, is that when a document is converted, a similar formatting process takes place, and when it is converted a second time, the paragraph assignment is applied to the whole paragraph.

If the conversion program only understands paragraph format and not character format, it would also explain why the individual words are not italicized and the whole paragraph is.

Can't find it so posting this interracial cuckold erotica blonde wife.

Attachments

• Lauren's Black Box (Arnica Butler).pdf
    Lauren's Black Box (Arnica Butler).pdf
    605.8 KB · Views: 4
Arnica Butler - Only Diamonds Books 1 & 2

1725297549759.jpeg 1725297569922.jpeg

Attachments

• Arnica Butler - Only Diamonds 1 - Enter Here.epub
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Arnica Butler - Only Diamonds 2 - Play Here.epub
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
! - Request - !

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/201805154-snow-bunny
Snow Bunny: An Interracial Hotwife Fantasy

An unfortunate mishap at the beginning of their ski vacation sends Angela tumbling into the arms of a tall, dark stranger.
With Rick laid up in bed with a sprained back, she hits the slopes and runs into her rescuer, Carl.
He sends her back to the hotel room with a very intimate proposition.The proposal awakens a dark fantasy inside of Rick.
What would it be like to see his beautiful blonde wife with another man?
A cheerful interracial hotwife romp that's low on angst and high on heat.

124 pages, Kindle Edition
Published November 6, 2023
+1

Back
Top Bottom