[Erenisch] Art remake with AI

Partyzan

Member
Hi everyone. I’ve long been a fan of the author Erenisch, and I’ve always wanted to see—or imagine—what the heroines of his\her works would look like in real life. So, I decided to share a few of my creations with you. If you like them, I can post the rest of my edits here as well. I’m posting them in a "before and after" comparison format. If that’s not convenient, I can post them separately.
_cf3ed9f6b28f0652bbc7a4866b555d53.png_c5183a8d940bc70217fa209761532d18.png_5e0b57f369997e14f35fdfae2b8ca009.png_76c868134d37b5d47b28a1b3fe22bfcd.png_b0cd3ac7f85fde339d98bf39d33c662a.png_d969a9a80c4352393cf77aa243dec7bc.png_25db1c14a7b207139f182d5634dd24c2.png_e28f0f2d26ff94d39b85db35f7b7a28a.png_2f36d9f1b137dc1b3ae85e6cce107529.png_2d8a28c2bfbc39863b2debd619980b9b.png_c0dfa7d5791b5325f5cfe68a52659811.png_148bd49eab479656a320efa4c5dae28b.png_5f0fe3b639166f99166f379cd1907a85.png_2936699839149ab17ed61fb51cb71794.png_4bb53dbe95f6052293b4c1395ac4ea31.png_a2eeed3523c3712d2ea44128271b7621.png_8e4d2438202efa631d342f9848b88091.png_21677d1a950005daf3c031831099bdf0.png_1c55b7d60f2137ebdea61be0111bb7ea.png_901298505c2ba18d6eb8651c810c8e02.png_aa32ef3857d97da983444c7d52d8eb7f.png_f4ed1ac0428d17cd6ac1e5af94bb7038.png_442c945a090c3c455a653c7b08563930.png_aa6f19f2a3acf7941d6e105558aac5c7.png_3ef39f3b458ad934028f587303c6a75b.png_a3017571aaebc7b08283602c956a7ede.png_2d3674e4a2bb20c3c1865ba0c5b57a69.png_d682857cf288cd9f3841a9e148982437.png
 
Dear Partyzan,

Thanks so much for sharing this great job.
I would like to do the same with some images like Erenisch and another great artist.
Could you please guide me and let me know if you are paying for any AI tools or there are something I can install locally or run online to do this conversion.

Thanks again, great job.
 
Here are a few more snippets of my attempts at making comics. It’s a pretty painstaking process, though, so for now, I’ll stick to practicing with standalone pieces.

Знімок екрана 2026-06-23 002954.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-06-28 175640.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-06-28 180121.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-06-28 181753.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-06-28 181936.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-06-28 182221.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 232455.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 232558.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 232831.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 232916.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 233131.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 233239.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 233522.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 233608.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 233816.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-01 233849.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-03 162930.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-03 220802.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-03 220825.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-03 220844.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-05 170607.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-05 170744.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-19 214006.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-19 214029.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-19 214039.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-19 214050.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-19 214115.pngЗнімок екрана 2026-07-19 214150.png Знімок екрана 2026-07-05 170526.png
 
Dear Partyzan,

Thanks so much for sharing this great job.
I would like to do the same with some images like Erenisch and another great artist.
Could you please guide me and let me know if you are paying for any AI tools or there are something I can install locally or run online to do this conversion.

Thanks again, great job.
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words!

To answer your question directly: I do not pay for any AI tools or subscriptions. Everything in this workflow is completely free, open-source, and runs locally on consumer PC hardware.

If you want to set up the exact same pipeline to convert stylized art (like Erenisch’s work) into realism, here is what you need and what to expect:

What You Need (100% Free & Local)​

  1. The Core UI: AUTOMATIC1111 WebUI or SD-WebUI-Forge (Forge is generally lighter on VRAM and faster).
  2. Base Model: A photorealistic checkpoing for Stable Diffusion 1.5 (such as Realistic Vision v5.1/v6.0, epiCRealism, or CyberRealistic from Civitai).
  3. ControlNet Extension & Models (v1.1 for SD 1.5):
    • Depth (depth_zoe or depth_midas): The most important module. It reads 3D space, volume, and camera angles without copying the 2D ink strokes into the render.
    • OpenPose (openpose_full): To accurately lock human poses, hands, and body proportions.
    • (Optional) Lineart or Canny: Keep their weight very low (~0.3–0.4) and cut them off early (ending step ~0.4), otherwise they will bake 2D lines and crosshatching directly onto realistic skin.
  4. ADetailer Extension: Automatically detects and inpaints faces (face_yolov8s.pt) and hands (hand_yolov8n.pt) with targeted prompts, which is essential because SD 1.5 smudges faces on medium and wide shots.
  5. Local Vision Model (VLM): I use an uncensored local instance of Qwen-VL to scan the original artwork and translate the visual scene into descriptive, photorealistic physical tags (lighting, materials, textures, anatomy) formatted strictly for SD 1.5, stripping away all 2D comic/illustration terms.

Hardware Requirements​

You don't need an enterprise setup, but you do need an NVIDIA GPU with at least 8 GB of VRAM (12 GB+ is ideal for running ControlNet and ADetailer smoothly without out-of-memory errors).

Can You Run It Online for Free?​

If your local hardware isn't powerful enough, you can look into free cloud options like Google Colab (running WebUI notebooks) or platforms like Kaggle. However, keep in mind:

  • Commercial online generators (Midjourney, DALL-E, etc.) will not work well here: they lack this fine-grained ControlNet/ADetailer stack, and their strict content filters often block raw, expressive, or mature artwork.
  • Free cloud tiers often have time limits, session disconnects, and restrictions on certain models. Running it on your own machine is by far the most reliable route.

A Quick Word of Caution​

This isn't a one-click "converter filter." Recreating complex art styles like Erenisch's requires manual prep work:

  • You often have to manually clean up speech bubbles, SFX, and text in Photoshop or via inpainting beforehand.
  • Getting consistent character faces across multiple panels remains a challenge and usually requires training custom LoRAs or using reference tools like IP-Adapter.
Take it step by step—start by setting up WebUI with ControlNet Depth, and experiment from there!

By the way, another viable approach is to ditch ControlNet entirely and simply generate scenes purely from the descriptive prompt produced by the vision model (or even run that prompt through modern uncensored checkpoints like SDXL, Pony-based merges, or dev builds of Flux).

The obvious downside to this is the total loss of the 1:1 structural link to the source material: you will lose the exact framing, specific panel angles, identical poses, and recognizable character designs from the original comic.

However, the upside is creative freedom. Without the rigid geometric constraints of a depth map or lineart holding the diffusion process back, the model can generate significantly more natural skin folding, dynamic cinematic lighting, believable drapery, and realistic body mechanics. The final result won't be an exact replica of the comic panel, but purely as an aesthetic standalone artwork, you might actually end up liking the outcome much better.
If your goal is a faithful frame-by-frame adaptation, you need ControlNet. If your goal is simply to create stunning realistic art inspired by the mood and setting of the comic, dropping ControlNet and letting the model handle the whole scene often gives much more aesthetic results.
I've attached a couple of examples below generated purely from the prompt, so you can see what I mean.

8dfYI.jpg9yO4S.jpgaLovS.jpgAxN5Z.jpgCamaa.jpgFlyzi.jpggLiQF.jpgnuRhR.jpgostKh.jpgUCAI5.jpgXWpo5.jpg
 
Dear Partyzan,

Thanks so much for sharing this great job.
I would like to do the same with some images like Erenisch and another great artist.
Could you please guide me and let me know if you are paying for any AI tools or there are something I can install locally or run online to do this conversion.

Thanks again, great job.
And to top it all off, there's a certain problem with the original's proportions (especially with the male genitalia as seen here):LOL::LOL::LOL:
Знімок екрана 2026-09-30 205436.png
 
Hi Partyzan,

Thanks for all the information.
I will follow all the indications and I hope I can get an awesome job like you.

I know everything is time consuming.

Thanks
 
Hi Partyzan, BIG THX for your Fanart! Regard it really interesting. As in your last posted example, AI works great used with skills, but imO still fails to mirror Erenisch`s often delicate facial expressions... (no offense, really appreciate your Work... )
 
Back
Top