Welcome

A brand new start!
  • File size limit upgraded to 250MB. Still being tested. If you face any issues report them HERE

Split files

qhill44

Hi, I tried to upload a file that do to size was split and I can't select it ,it is grayed.
Is this future not available?

What is the extension of the split zip file?

You can split file using 7-zip and WinRar for 7z, rar, and classic zip. What splitter is allowable here?

To tell you the true I try to post classic zip only because I am not sure if all archivers are able to extract modern versions of rar and 7z.

Is it allowable to post zipx archive because it would give me 20% compression and BandiZip (freeware) is able to extract it?

Files ending with zip and rar are allowed. Since the extension becomes zip.001 it's being blocked. We are working on the issue.

Files ending with zip and rar are allowed. Since the extension becomes zip.001 it's being blocked. We are working on the issue.
Therefore if I want to decrease a file size I would be able to compress using zipx and create a zip/rar archive OVER my zipx archive. By the way 7z (7-zip) is an open source format which allow better compression. It also could be created in 7z format and cover it using a standard zip archiver. As seems to rar I am not sure if all of standard archivers support RAR5 format and the newest RAR7 format (WinRar 7.0 beta)

Yeah made a minor mistake. Should work now.

Yeah made a minor mistake. Should work now.
I posted am issue in a bug section when I am able to edit to maim post and attach files to top post but I am not able to attach any file in comment

Back
Top Bottom