Welcome

A brand new start!
  • File size limit upgraded to 250MB. Still being tested. If you face any issues report them HERE

Collection Threads

Yeah_Right...

The more time I spent in this forum, the less I'm liking it. I see more and more "[Artist] Collection" threads appear. Although this may be good for non-serial, one-off renders, it's becoming more and more tedious to pick out the posts for comics you're actually interested in.
Over time these threads tend to grow larger and larger, making it harder and harder to find the posts for that one comic you like from that particular artist.

Folks may not realize it, but there are those among us who aren't in the habit of downloading everything just because it is made by artist X...

Would be very much welcomed if collection threads that contain actual serial comics got split up in comic decidated threads instead of just lumping it all together in one thread...

For now, you can use the search within thread feature to find the comics within a thread.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 184853.png

For now, you can use the search within thread feature to find the comics within a thread.
I know I can use search, but that still leaves the fact that you have to spend more time than necessary going through collection threads which turn up with new posts, only to find out that the new post is something you're not interested in.

I also realize that mods aren't exactly waiting to get more work dumped on their shoulders, so some kind of announcement to users to not just dump everything from an artist in one big collection thread might already go a long way.

This will need to be thought through. Some people like the current system. Also how to handle short comics/artsets. Example - Sleepygimps galleries and such. Creating a new thread for work that contains only a few images will make it quite spammy and annoying for everyone.

We try to separate threads for high-view/activity threads example - Daval. Even then many were displeased. Also as you pointed it will create a lot of work for moderators.

Last edited:
Creating a new thread for work that contains only a few images will make it quite spammy and annoying for everyone.
That's exactly my point, that's exactly the type of works that belong in a collection thread.
Although, I have noticed someone apparently partly agreed, as I noticed that one particular thread had undergone this treatment. Thanks @lamythefirst ;)

We try to separate threads for high-view/activity threads example - Daval. Even then many were displeased. Also as you pointed it will create a lot of work for moderators.
I am very aware of this, that's why I mentioned the ann.-to-users option.

I've still not figured out how this threadmark thing works. But seems that if it gets used more, it would make it much simpler to find a certain work in a collection.
II've also seen someone using index posts. Probably hasn't figured out too how those threadmarks work.

Back
Top Bottom