Welcome

A brand new start!
  • Staff Applications are OPEN! [ Staff / Moderator ] More Info HERE Help us make a better forum for everyone!

Ideas what to create?

Cooffrree

I been playing around with AI gen for a while, but my head is empty on what to create.
Anyone with ideas? I dont do anime or manga. But maybe from movies, tv-shows or whatever. Come with some ideas. I dont mind a challenge :D

What are harem clothes?
Think, "I Dream of Jeannie" but with slightly more transparent clothing.

R.png

Interestingly, you can see the top of Barbara Eden's navel. The initial costume left it completely exposed. The network was afraid that displaying her navel would cause issues with the censors or turn the show away from being wholesome, family entertainment.

So, the harem pants as found in the western idea of a harem are usually very sheer, worn low-slung, and hang off the flare of the hip. The sheer fabric prior to industrialization was extremely expensive and not as sheer as today's. Traditional harem footware, when it was necessary, ran to more towards silken slippers and not high heels, even when the heels are barely an inch or so as in the photo. Upper body clothing when it was used was in the form of wraps, shawls, and sometimes jackets. India was big with little jacket's thing and still is. The Moors tended towards bare chests more than the Indian.

The true harem pants are called salvar in turkey and similar styles of "pants" were found across the region from the middle east and then east across the globe to east Asia, where they were longyi/lungi style sarongs in Indonesia or paso and htamein in Burma (I think that's called Myanmar this week.). This style pants are still worn throughout the area, but with everyday fabric common for the area.

The style was and is still popular because it's simple and requires little if any sewing, simply being a very long length of cloth wrapped around the wearer. The "trouser" styles seen with traditional clothing mostly came about as a result of euro colonization and trading efforts (the British East India Company, the Dutch East India (Netherlands/Holland), Compagnie des Indes (France), and Spain's "ownership" of the Philippines and Marianas Islands).

Barbara Eden's belly button has appeared in episodes of I Dream of Jeannie. According to her autobiography, she writes about the controversy surrounding her navel and how no one noticed that her belly button would suddenly appear from below the high waistband when she raised her arms.
"I mean, every time I raised my arms on the show, my navel popped out, but clearly, neither the viewers nor the censors had ever noticed."
Eden, Barbara and Wendy Leigh. Jeannie Out of the Bottle. New York: Crown Archetype, 2011. 159. Print

Barbara Eden was about the hottest woman on TV at the time. I can tell you she fueled more than one late night under the covers.

While I couldn't find it, there's a picture of her in the original costume that doesn't have that "whale tail" piece that forms the waistband as seen in the photo. The waist was across the lower red band. Now, that was a costume!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom