Welcome

A brand new start!
  • File size limit upgraded to 250MB. Still being tested. If you face any issues report them HERE

Suggestion: Add Option to disable animations on site

Mutrix

Thanks for launching the forum. It looks nice except for all the animations when scrolling through the Forum: Sections, Threads and Side Panels are sliding in the bottom of the page. It's a little bit disorienting honestly. o_O

Could you add a option in preferences to disable them, please.

I was just looking for that option myself. Having to wait for everything to slide in while scrolling is very annoying. It also makes it look like you're at the end of the list when really there's more but it just hasn't played the animation yet. If possible I'd love to have a way to fully disable that animation.

You can use the default theme. Available in lite only currently.
Thanks, that works great for me. I'd tried changing themes but thought there was only two options because I was just using the built in toggle at the top right. I didn't realize there was a third choice if I did it from preferences.

I would love to be able to use the light and dark themes, but I won't since the animations are super distracting.

I am using the default theme as a work-around, but I would love it if you would implement the suggestion of this thread: to actually disable the animations - to offer your light and dark themes both with and without animations.

Cheers

I've disabled the animations for now. Might add a toggle in future for those who want it.

Maybe not for everyone, but there's this neat browser extension called Stylus, which lets you alter the style of any site.
Perhaps an idea to add this kind of smaller style changes as a post so folks can just pick what they want?

Back
Top Bottom